Wednesday, June 18, 2008

GOLDEN SHOWERS


I guess you shouldn’t kick a man when he’s down, especially with the abundance of Trojans making headlines for the wrong reasons. But hell, we’re talking about those “holier than thou” tree hugging activists from the northern part of the state. Yes, it’s the California Golden Bears, the school that gave birth to the UCLA Bruins. That’s reason enough for me to put on my steel toes and wind up for a boot.

Quantity alone would increase the odds of USC Trojans ending up on the bad side of the law. The more you have running around the NFL, the more likely one of them will bring embarrassment to themselves and the university. But the Cal Golden Bears aren’t rich in NFL production, and 2 of their former running backs are now facing legal issues.

Marshawn “road Hazard” Lynch is still part of an ongoing investigation of an alleged hit-and-run. I’ve yet to see him address the media about the allegations against him. Last I heard is that he reported to camp, but sat out, because he’s limited by the effects of recent eye surgery. My belief is that the surgery came a few days, and a couple of stop signs, too late.

Remember J.J Arrington? Yeah, I forgot about him too. Well, in his best “remember me” act, he found himself sitting in a jail cell early Wednesday morning. He’s charged with disorderly conducted, stemming from a fight at a North Carolina night club. He was also ordered to be held for 24 hours for contempt of court. Hopefully that wasn’t for screaming, “Do you know who I am”, because honestly, J. J, they don’t.

Even people in Berkeley know the old saying of “when it rains, it pours”. But when a couple of your guys put me in a position to piss on your program, just consider it your Golden shower.

No comments: